Here’s a new way to serve up nutritious veggies with protein-packed chicken. It’s tender, flavorful and simple to make. Basically a perfect meal!
This dish is great for meal prep, as it holds up well for several days in the fridge and can be easily packed in Tupperware to eat on-the-go. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 1 bunch curly kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2” pieces
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the butternut squash pieces and blanch for 3 minutes, until almost cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped kale. Let stand, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain the pot and set the veggies aside.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Return the emptied pot to medium-high heat and sauté the chicken with the olive oil, until browned on all sides.
- Add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Mix in the butternut squash and kale mixture and sage. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the broth, stevia and Dijon. Pour over the hash and simmer until the liquid is reduced. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
217 calories, 2g fat, 12g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 208mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 24g protein.