Looking for positive and enthusiastic candidates who like to have fun working and learning!
If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Skills,
I Have A $9/hr, Fun And Fulfilling Job Just For You!
Dear Prospective Employee,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It's my hope that you have precisely what I need in an employee so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding job I have available. This is a job that is way more fun than flipping burgers and you will learn a heck of a lot more!
You should have arrive here because you saw my employment ad in the Craigs List Website that reads like this:
"Admin/Customer Service, $10.50 per hour, 20-30 hours per week, apply now at www.corefitnessaz.com".
So, let me tell you about me, my company and the job.
My name is Cory Schidler and I run a company called Core Fitness AZ in Scottsdale.
My studio is located at in North Scottsdale near the 101 and Scottsdale Road.
If you are hired for this job, you'll need to come to the office Monday through Friday 8 am to 2:00 pm. The starting salary is $10.50 per hour and the trial period is 6 months.
Tasks I Need You To Perform
- Answering and returning phone calls from customers and prospects.
I don't get a ton of phone calls, but the ones that come in are important. When you're not here to answer, many of the calls will go to voicemail. You'll be responsible for returning those calls the next day.
- Responding to customer service phone calls and emails.
I get quite a few phone calls and emails every day. You will need to respond to each of these with basic information I'll provide to you. So you need to be comfortable with the phone, using email and be a good typist.
- Filing: Basic stuff to keep up with the paper flow.
- Web site management: Ideally, you'll have some technology skills and can do some basic updates to my web sites (if not, I'll teach you how). You do NOT need to know HTML, but if you do, that's a plus. Also, if you're familiar with FrontPage and are generally comfortable with internet technology, that's definitely a plus.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position: personalize this list however you'd like to.
- Microsoft Word: you must be very comfortable using Word
- Microsoft Publisher: we publish a monthly newsletter in publisher, and you'll need to be able to go in and make edits/changes to the file when necessary and get it ready for print.
- Microsoft Excel: you must have basic Excel skills - we don't do anything advanced with this software, just some simple spreadsheets, but you must be comfortable doing what I need you to do.
- Good Phone Personality/Etiquette: you will be talking with my customers, who are VERY important to me, and prospective customers, who are also important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through e-mail. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. I'll teach you everything you need to say and do, but I can't teach you manners and professionalism.
- Email: A great deal of your work will be via email. I use a web-based program that's easy to learn (you'll understand it within 30 minutes). You need to be very comfortable and proficient with email.
- Thoughtfulness and Organization: I need you to be able to think for yourself and be organized. I am very serious about this one. I do not want a robot, I want someone who learns and grows with me.
How to Apply
I'm looking to hire the right person by September 15th, 2017 at the latest. So if this job sounds good to you, follow these instructions now.
Here's what I want from you. NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test, okay?
I will review your resume. If we feel you're a good prospect, I'll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
- Write me a letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email) on this cover letter.
- On a separate sheet of paper list at least three references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with the reference (i.e. previous employer, college professor, etc).
- Put the cover letter on top of your resume and the reference sheet underneath your resume and staple everything together.
- Mail to:
Core Fitness AZ
8700 E. Vista Bonita Rd Suite 170
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
The sooner I get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. I believe in taking action quickly. So get your resume over to me pronto! I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Again, thanks very much for your interest,
P.S. This is not a corporate type of structured job. I am an entrepreneurial small business owner. I move quickly to capitalize on opportunities. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business. If that's you, I promise that $10.50/hour is only the starting point. I recognize and reward performance!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I'm a very positive, upbeat guy and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you're definitely a candidate! So send me your resume today!